Feasibility study into green hydrogen for heaters in St Eusebius’ Church in Arnhem.
Heating a listed church building with sustainably produced hydrogen. This is the ambitious goal of the Eusebius Foundation Arnhem. Never before has green hydrogen been used to heat a listed church. The options were investigated in a feasibility study. And with success! A step-by-step route is proposed, starting with heaters running on at 50% green hydrogen. Subsequently, efforts can be geared towards a situation where all heaters run on 100% green hydrogen.
HyMatters has performed the following activities
- Development of a heating concept with suitable heaters using green hydrogen
- Mapping out energy flows
- Design of a hydrogen installation
- Safety analysis of pipework and listed building
- Elaboration of regulations
- Drawing up a business case and financing
- Air humidity measurements in St Eusebius’ Church
- Measurements of natural gas concentrations in current heaters
- Input for vision for built area on hydrogen